Skip to content

Car Finance Expert Q&A

Hi, I'm Edwin and I'm here to help you!
image description

Edwin Miles. Underwriting Manager

Car Finance Calculator

Calculate your loan immediately


How can I help you?

Do you have a question about Carfinance247 or its services? If so, please complete the form below for a response within 1 working hours. I have over 7 years experience working for Carfinance247 and have the responsibility to answer all questions asked.

Retired teachers looking for motorhome finance

Hello Edwin.
I have recently retired from my teaching role of 30 years, and my husband (also a retired teacher) and I are looking to get a motorhome on finance. We have good credit histories and are 2 years from paying off our mortgage. We have always bought our vehicles outright, so I have never applied for finance before! What sort of documents do you need from us?

Posted by Lorna D on


Hello Lorna, thank you for your question!

Congratulations on your retirement! We will certainly do our best to help get you that motorhome. Having good credit will definitely help your application, and we will try our best to find you a lender offering competitive finance rates for motorhomes. When you make your application, just select “van” in the dropdown menu.

As a basic, our lenders will need to see documents to prove your income, your last 3 years UK address history and your driving licence. There may be additional information requested, but this would depend on the lender with whom we could get you an approval with.

Please make an application when you're ready and if approved you can choose your motorhome from any reputable dealer in the UK, and we also provide a no obligation quote. Kind Regards, Edwin

Posted by on

Rate Edwin’s advice.

image description

Do you have a question on this topic?

Ask a question or leave a comment on this topic below

Back to Car Finance Expert Q&A

Back to top