Skip to content

Car Finance Expert Q&A

Hi, I'm Edwin and I'm here to help you!
image description

Edwin Miles. Underwriting Manager

Car Finance Calculator

Calculate your loan immediately


How can I help you?

Do you have a question about Carfinance247 or its services? If so, please complete the form below for a response within 1 working hours. I have over 7 years experience working for Carfinance247 and have the responsibility to answer all questions asked.

Moving abroad and need to settle existing car finance

Hi Edwin, We might have to move abroad this year due to my husbands work, problem is we have car finance we've only had it since september 2011, is there a way of either selling the car privately then paying off what is owed to the finance company? or an option to give the car to the finance company? thanks

Posted by Rachel on


Hi Rachel, the first thing you'll need to do is obtain a settlement figure from your current finance company. You can then sell the car as you wish but you will need to clear the finance with the proceeds. You can't just sell the car and keep paying the monthly payments as the car will still belong to the finance company. How much do you owe roughly and what is the value of the car? Did you put a deposit or part exchange into the deal? The reason i ask is to make sure you're not in negative equity. Kind Regards, Edwin

Posted by on

Rate Edwin’s advice.

image description

Do you have a question on this topic?

Ask a question or leave a comment on this topic below

Back to Car Finance Expert Q&A

Back to top